Thursday, August 3, 2017

Book Review: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith

Book: Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
Genre: YA contemporary
Rating:★★★☆☆

We got to meet this author awhile back, and I've loved everything I've read by her. So I decided it's time to catch up on all the ones I've missed. This one was first up!

Sadly, this one made me...sad. Because the premise of this one, instead of the story of blossoming new romance, this is one of breaking up. Our characters are happily together on page one. But it's their last night before they have to part for college the next day, and so we go with them through that crazy night as they relive their relationship, and decide how best to proceed from here.

The girl thinks it's best to go their separate ways. The boy is all, why??? And so they disagree and have to discuss over and over again what they should do.

It was... sad. You know? And it was about all their stress going away to college. Which, especially for me right now (no, I'm not going to college but my youngest kid is!) and so that just... made me... sad.

Sigh. But.. the engaging writing and interesting characters were as expected! And so, I will go on to the next one in the stack...which is The Geography of You and Me. Is this one about traveling? If so, we're good.

Meeting Jennifer E. Smith back in May. 


4 comments:

  1. I've only read one book by Jennifer (This Is What Happy Looks Like) and really enjoyed it, but I still have yet to read her other books! This one sounds good. Also, The Geography of You and Me is about traveling? I need to read that one then - traveling books are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this one wasn't what you were looking for. It does sound a bit more serious and sad. Sounds like the last PS I Love You book by Jenny Han. Only that one ends happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't like this one. I wonder if I would or if I'd think it was too sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one of her books, and I remember liking it. Sorry this one made you sad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails